Appointees to the Board West-Central Montreal Health
The Chair and Board of Directors of the Integrated Health and Social Services University Network for West-Central Montreal (West-Central Montreal Health) are now in place and playing key roles in the extensive reform and reorganization of the public healthcare system that took effect on April 1, 2015.
“I’m extremely impressed by the outstanding qualities of my new colleagues on the Board, as well as our team of extremely qualified and dedicated healthcare professionals throughout the network,” says Alan Maislin, Chair of the Board of West-Central Montreal Health. “I’m certain that, together, we can make a major difference in improving the quality of health care for patients, residents and clients throughout our network.”
“These appointees, who are drawn from many walks of life, bring to our network a wealth of experience and expertise in all aspects of healthcare and social services delivery and administration,” adds Dr. Lawrence Rosenberg, President and CEO of West-Central Montreal Health.
“I am confident that we can make even greater progress toward improving the quality of care and services by improving access, streamlining the continuum of care and eliminating the fragmentation and duplication of services.”
The independent appointees underwent careful examination that enabled the Board to meet certain specific criteria—i.e., proper representation of the area served by West-Central Montreal Health, a balance between men and women, and a reflection of the socio-cultural, ethnic, linguistic and demographic makeup of the network’s healthcare users.
With this in mind, Gaétan Barrette, Minister of Health and Social Services, has appointed the following to the Board of West-Central Montreal Health:
- Lawrence Rosenberg – President and CEO of the network
- Gail Adelson – University affiliate (McGill University)
- David Eidelman – University affiliate (McGill University)
- Samuel Minzberg – Expertise in governance or ethics
- Antonio (Tony) Loffreda – Expertise in risk management, finance and accountancy
- Allen F. Rubin – Expertise in real estate, information resources or human resources
- Ronald Waxman – Expertise in verification, performance or the management of quality
- Mordecai Yalovsky – Expertise in community organizations
- Vivian Konigsberg – Expertise in youth protection
- Alan Maislin – Chair, expertise in rehabilitation
- Lucyna M. Lach – Expertise in rehabilitation
- Linda Fortier – Expertise in mental health
- Alyssa Yufe – Experience as a user of social services
- Suzanne Levitz – Regional Department of General Medicine (general practitioner, Mount Sinai Hospital)
- Rubin Moe Becker – Council of Physicians, Dentists and Pharmacists (physician specialist, Mount Sinai Hospital, Jewish General Hospital)
- Julie Roy – Regional Committee on Pharmacy Services (pharmacist, Jewish General Hospital)
- Karen Rose Honegger – Council of Nurses (nurse consultant, Mount Sinai Hospital)
- John D’Andrea – Multidisciplinary Council (social worker, CLSC Côte-des-Neiges)
- Gloria Freedman – Users’ Committee (Past President, CSSS Cavendish)
Mr. Maislin’s extensive experience in rehabilitation is particularly significant, since West-Central Montreal Health has grouped together three establishments that are distinguished for their rehabilitation services – Richardson Hospital, Catherine-Booth Hospital and the Constance-Lethbridge Rehabilitation Centre.
Mr. Maislin is Past President of the Board of Directors of CSSS Cavendish, which has been absorbed into West-Central Montreal Health.