By the end of 1931, construction of the JGH was well under way. When opened in 1934, the structure that is pictured here comprised the entirety of the hospital. Today it is simply known as Pavilion B, one of the JGH’s many pavilions.
85th Anniversary - ArchivesFebruary 2019

From the archives: Refurbishing, renovating, building up, building out

In every era and every decade, practically every corner of the JGH has been a construction zone.

READ MORE →
On the third floor of Pavilion B, where the hospital’s old operating rooms have been demolished to make way for a new Psychiatry In-Patient Care Unit, JGH Project Manager Julianne Desforges reviews architectural plans with Stéphane Richard, a mechanical technician with SNC Lavelin.
February 2018News

Toughest demolition in JGH history clears the way for new Psychiatry unit

The most complicated demolition project in the history of the JGH has been completed in Pavilion B, so that work can begin on a new Psychiatry In-patient Care Unit,.

READ MORE →